Wednesday 26 February 2014

Pudding Hill Camp 2014

What an awesome time we had on camp! Thank you so much to all the wonderful parents who helped make it possible and congratulations to the amazing Room 1 students. It was exciting to see you bucket filling, taking risks and working together.



THE BIGGEST RISK OF MY LIFE

I saw in fright, a lot of night-black trees with lots of scary wasps surrounding them. Once I saw them I was scared but then the instructor said that if you’re quiet like you’re sleeping then they won’t sting you. Then it was time to start the activity. My very brave friend Tatiana wanted to go first. I thought her mum would be proud of her. As I saw other people going down, I got a bit braver but when it was my turn I felt like running away from the campsite. I stood straight and let the instructor out the harness on. Then I was ready… ready for the most scary thing I ever done in my life. It was like walking off a plan with sharks in the water below. Then I started leaning back slowly with fear. I kept going and going and going until I was in the middle of the cliff. That was when I was ready to jump. As I was bouncing down the rock, I felt like I was flying through the air. That was the moment I started to like abseiling.

Vithurna 



BULLS EYE

I curled my fingers around the string and pulled it back to my chin. I let go of the arrow. It was as fast as a dragonfly and deadly like a scorpion stinging its prey. Then it hit the target. I ran to get my arrow and waited again for my turn at archery.

Hunter 


THE SOAP BOY

I can’t even open my eyes. It seems like I’m faster than a lightning bolt. I’m dripping with soap as my friends are cheering me up, I run and I jump down. I’m zooming again. It’s like I’m on air shouting my way down the hill. It’s rough but I see smiles and people are having the happiest time of their lives. I can see the soapy slide getting  soapier and the teacher’s face as she grins at the naughty boys (I’m not the naughty boy). I grinned at the same time. Boom! I just realised that I was daydreaming and people were waiting for me. I apologise and I say ‘’time to catch some soap’’ and slide down with my buddies. I act like I’m texting my mum as I crash into Tevita, Jayden, Aakrista and Yongfeng. ‘’Ouch.’’ I slip over in the soap and my bottom hurts as I run back up the hill for another turn on the waterslide. I will always remember the fun I had at the 2014 Pudding Hill camp.


Matthew 

5 comments:

  1. This writing sounds great Room 1 children. It's very descriptive, just as if you are there, right in the moment!! I read it in the school newsletter too. I know that you had a great time on camp and excellent weather.
    Miss Cocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job Matthew,Hunter and Vithurna

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work matthew

    shravan

    ReplyDelete
  4. camp was awesome and I cant wait to go next years camp

    ReplyDelete
  5. good job matthew

    ReplyDelete