Sunday 30 March 2014

Godzone Celebrities

Room 1 was really lucky to have Chris Forne, the world champion navigator from Team Seagate come and visit us to talk about his Godzone experiences. We hope to continue to follow Seagate at their next race in South Africa and then at the world champs in Ecuador later in the year.


We then had Alastair, Elisha and Tim from Team Next Generation visit us and share their photos and experiences. Alastair has a blog http://alastairmcdowell.blogspot.co.nz/2014/03/godzone-kaikoura.html that some of us read before they came in.

And the team suggested the following websites for anyone who is interested in orienteering:
www.papo.org.nz and www.rogaine.org.nz

Tim from Next Generation is organising an event in early May.



Aakrista got a special present in the mail the other day. Rachel from Team Pat Farry Trust sent him her race bib.


Room 1 students, please post as comments below, all the things you learnt from our Godzone visitors and from following the race....

20 comments:

  1. WOW!!!
    The photos look really great and its something I'll remember

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned that you don't get to sleep

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned that people from godzone have trained heaps. :) From Alannah c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow room 1 looks pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. WWOOWW
    Chris Forne looks and sounds amazing.
    I wish I was him

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned that you need a commitment about every challenge you do

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice bib Aakrista. I have learnt that you have to have atleast a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learnt that godzone is a tough adventure

    ReplyDelete
  9. I learnt to encourage other people and I also learnt to show respect other people

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool work making this

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice bib Aakrista. I have learnt you need a girl in the team. The godzone race is AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice job Aakrista

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its awesome working as a team

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow great commets siad my sister

    ReplyDelete
  15. grace and jayden1 April 2014 at 00:15

    Hope you had fun meeting tim. hope one of you win the golden shoe

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look awesome aakrista tots

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice bib aakrista, it looks great on you. I learnt that everybody in a adventure team has to have different skills in the adventure team.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that bib i wish i was in team 20

    ReplyDelete
  19. noice aakrista and to all the people in the godzone and the children in the class (including me) who supported the godzone people

    ReplyDelete